VerdaSee recognizes the critical importance of the “Golden Hour”. Patient information must be captured quickly, accurately, and completely… and transmitted in real-time… to provide for optimal medical treatment and reunification communication. The information must comply with all HIPA regulations, must be immediately accessible to all parties in the triage and patient care chain, and cannot be dependent upon unreliable media or inconsistent procedures.
Victim information must similarly be captured quickly, accurately and completely… and transmitted in real-time… to help identify incident threats and provide timely notification to families. Captured data may save valuable time in assessing incident scenarios including information pertaining to related bio-hazards, physical structures, etc.
VerdaSee’s Triage system addresses all of these issues effectively, efficiently and seamlessly with respect to established procedures and requirements.
VerdaSee’s laminated RF triage tags are designed to conform to the standard triage information requirements embraced by First Responders.
- These triage tags have embedded IoT chips that carry a unique identification number (HIPA compliant)
- Their laminated surface is impervious to tearing, smearing, and damage from liquids and other sources (unlike traditional paper tags)
- Captured data can be read by any related handheld device, allowing portability of data when transferring patients between care providers (i.e., between First Responders, EMTs, Paramedics, hospital personal, etc.)
- Data capture is dynamic (i.e., it can be updated as circumstances change)
- Data is immediately transmitted to Incident Commanders, Triage Unit Leaders, Medical Coordinators, etc. to facilitate situational assessment
- Because triage data is transmitted in real-time, proactive medical care management can be delivered
- Data is redundantly stored in separate data centers to assure availability
Data Collection Device (Handheld RF Unit)
VerdaSee recognizes the need for a portable, self-powered data collection device that saves critical time in the “Golden Hour”, eliminates errors and communicates with multiple parties in real-time. Its handheld IoT units address all of those concerns.
VerdaSee also recognizes the importance of respecting any investment in existing equipment as well as providing a path to migrate to improved technology as it becomes available. VITAL-Navigator™ (VerdaSee – Information Management System) middleware addresses this issue so that current investments can be leveraged and future migration can be managed seamlessly.
VerdaSee’s solution offers:
- Extreme ease-of-use (completely intuitive with almost no training required)
- Menu driven input (eliminating procedural errors, missed data, etc.)
- Pull down / Scroll / Select data entry design (eliminating illegible handwriting, transposition errors, etc.)
- Reduced average time for triage (less than 30 seconds as compared to the more typical 5 minutes associated with traditional methods)
- Operability with firefighters’ gloves, etc.
- The ability to address an almost unlimited number of patients or victims per handheld (currently 700 per handheld, limited only by available memory space)
- The ability to capture and send photographs and video from the scene
- Real-time data transmission to redundant database sites
- Real-time data transmission to Incident Commanders, Triage Unit Leaders, Medical Coordinators, etc. to facilitate situational assessment
- Proactively-managed medical care
- Instant accessibility to patient/victim data by any authorized personnel in possession of any programmed handheld IoT sensor unit (i.e., Firefighters, EMTs, Paramedics, hospital personnel, etc.)
- The ability to update information as circumstances change throughout the medical care chain